Info for Spring Semester at ACC _ Arapahoe Community College
Info for Spring Semester at ACC
*Email communication sent by ACC President Diana M. Doyle, Ph.D. on Friday, December 11, 2020.
Good Morning, Everyone
We made it to the end of the semester! Yes, there are still some details that need to be attended to and tasks to get done before the break, but December is here and students have been able to finish their semester without a complete ACC shutdown. You all rock!
Spring SemesterSo what will the beginning of spring semester classes and staffing look like? Given where we currently are at with COVID19 in the metro area, and expected to remain during the holidays, the start of spring semester will look more like the end of fall semester (think November and December) rather than like the beginning of fall semester (August). Classes will begin on Tuesday, January 19th.
Classes: All ACC Campuses
* For the first three weeks of spring semester, until February 8th, these classes will be taught virtually: all General Education courses and CTE classes in Business, Accounting, Computers, Paralegal, and Criminal Justice. Only CTE courses in Health Careers areas, Automotive Technology, and Law Enforcement Academy will begin on campus on January 19th.
* During these first three weeks we will carefully monitor the recommendations and requirements of the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), Tri-County Health Department (TCHD), and the Governor’s Office. Hopefully we gradually will be able to bring other classes onto campus as the semester progresses and it is safe to do so. Please reach out to VPI/Provost Rebecca Woulfe or any of the Instructional Deans or Department Chairs with any questions on class status.Services for Students
* Beginning January 6th and for two weeks, in order to serve new and returning students who will need to come to campus for assistance, two ACC employee volunteers will staff the front door of the Main Building on the Littleton Campus and the front desks at the Parker and Sturm Campuses. As we did in August, these employees will be provided with N95 masks, and Plexiglass will be in place to keep 6ft of social distancing between them and the students. Everyone coming onto campus must complete the On Campus Screening Form before arriving on campus, and must sign in upon entering.
* The Library/Learning Commons and the Art & Design Center will operate virtually until at least February 8th. We will assess the operation of these facilities based on the status of the virus and recommendations/requirements of the CDPHE, TCHD and/or Governor’s Office.
* In order to serve students who may not have a reliable computer at home, one Computer Lab on each campus will be available for student use by appointment only.
* The Child Development Center will operate under State childcare guidelines and remain open as per their posted schedule.Employee StaffingAs always, the safety, health and wellbeing of our employees and students is a high priority. Following the guidelines not only helps curtail the spread of the virus, but also helps our students complete their studies with as few disruptions as possible during this challenging time.
* Depending on the status level of the virus in January, it is likely that the vast majority of employees will begin spring semester working remotely. Only the following employees will be on campus: Faculty/Instructors teaching the designated onsite CTE courses, employees designated as essential for providing certain functional services for keeping the college operating, and employees whose job functions cannot be performed remotely. Employees who fit these categories will be notified by their supervisor.
* As with classes, we will continue to monitor the status of the virus and CDPHE, TCHD, and Governor’s Office recommendations/requirements to determine when it will be safe to bring more employees onto campus.
* No unauthorized visitors to any ACC campuses.
* If we are still under Level Red restrictions in January:
* Office areas cannot be above 10% occupancy.
* Services are provided remotely where able. Where not able, services will be provided at no more than 10% occupancy in an area and by appointment only.
* Indoor gatherings or other events on any ACC campuses will not be allowed.
* Employees and students coming to campus must continue to complete the On Campus Screening form, wear appropriate facial coverings https://www.fullsail.edu/ and maintain 6ft social distancing while on campus, and comply with all other safety/wellbeing requirements.Please contact your supervisor if you have any questions. While we anticipate needing to begin spring semester with an abundance of caution for safety and wellbeing, let’s remain hopeful that as the semester progresses we will see COVID-19’s impact become less and our ability to resume some campus activities become a reality.
Faculty and Instructors, professional paper writing service please remember to check your college email periodically while on semester break to stay abreast of the latest information and status of college operations. We don’t want you to miss out!
Thank you all, sincerely, for the incredible efforts you put forth this fall semester to keep ACC strong and our students learning. To quote our CCCS Board Chair, Rollie Heath, at last Wednesday’s Board meeting, “Talk about turning lemons into lemonade! My hat is off to everyone for all that we’re still doing during this pandemic. It is nothing short of amazing, and greatly appreciated.”
Wishing you all a safe and healthy holiday season, filled with joy and love.
Peace and be well,
We have a strong strategy for picking freelance authors to take part in our companyresearch proposal writing serviceand making use of our help you do have a high quality make certain, excellent creating rate, secrecy and constant customer support.
We have a intense course of action for picking independent freelance writers to participate in our companyonline-essay-help netand taking advantage of our support you have a excellent guarantee, exceptional producing amount, secrecy and frequent customer service.
We have a extreme approach for choosing freelance writers to participate in our businessSuperiorpapers plagiarismand using our help you do have a top quality make certain, superb composing level, secrecy and continuous customer service.